Saturday, May 5, 2007

Throw me under the jail

It seems I'm a thief.

Steve decided dinner tonight would be courtesy of Arby's. This was despite my protesting, seeing as how I launched an Arby's boycott yesterday afternoon. You see, I waited in their frickin' drive-thru for 20 minutes for a chicken salad wrap only to be told upon pulling up to the window that their chicken was frozen. I know it's a roast beef joint and all, but if you're gonna put something on the menu, you should at least remember to take it out of the freezer. In a fit of near-rage brought on by a stressful and emotional week, I told the window lady to effin' forget it and I screeched away. I hope she choked on my exhaust.

Anyhow. After Arby's we stopped by Wal-Mart for some scrapbooking glue and I decided to get a multivitamin since I'm trying to be all healthy and such. All was well until we were in the parking lot and I lifted my purse only to discover that the vitamins were underneath it and I hadn't paid for them. That's right, ladies and germs. I'm a vitamin thief. I wish now I had chosen the brand name instead of the generic, or a couple bottles of Flintsones, 'cause damn they taste good! I thought about going back into the store to pay for them, but I thought, "You know what? Wal-Mart already has enough of my money!" Plus, it was raining. I was wearing flip flops. Rain + flip flops = wet, dirty feet. My feet were already wet and dirty enough. And Wal-Mart is rich enough. Yup, I'm sticking it to the man .... one vitamin at a time. Arrgh!

No news on the job front, but I'm still really optimistic.

Steve's mom got home from the hospital last night after having bypass surgery on the 30th. She had six bypasses! Six! I've never heard about or known anyone who had that many done at once. The doctors originally thought she'd have to spend seven to nine days in the hospital, but apparently she's doing well enough to have been released, which is good.

Well, I'm out of words for one night. Ciao!

No comments: