Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yay me!

I got the job!

Details to follow.

Okay. I'm back. Whew! So, the job. I interviewed for it last Wednesday, and the interview went really, really well. I was rather surprised, because I went into it very confident, which is totally not me. I'm much better with the written word than the spoken one, so I usually fumble and bumble over my words until I end up looking like a complete dork. This time was different, and I left the interview feeling pretty good about it. I interviewed on a Wednesday, and they told me I should hear something by Friday. Well, Friday came and went. As did Monday, Tuesday and yet another Wednesday. I tried not to let myself get disappointed, and I kept telling myself that if it didn't work out, hey, I still had a good (i.e. low-paying, dehumanizing and depressing) job and that another opportunity would present itself down the road.

But then, I got "the call." It was funny; I met Steve for lunch in St. Marys, which is halfway between my office and his. I had to dig in my purse (aka the big red duffle bag) for my cell phone, which was emitting the sexy, rumbling crooning of Conway Twitty's "Hello, Darlin'"). There I was, puttering down the two-lane highway at a whopping 45 miles an hour, gigantic purse on my lap, trying to contain my excitement. You know that scene in "Love Actually" where Laura Linney does the happy dance after bringing the guy back to her apartment for some sweet lovin'? I totally did that in my car today.

Giving my two weeks' notice went surprisingly well. I expected anger and snarkiness, but he was cool with it. He's a jerk, but I think he really understands.

I start the new gig on my birthday. It's going to be the last in a hectic series of Memorial Day weekend events, but I'm looking forward to them all. Some I just want to get over with, and some I'm truly eager to get to. More about that later.

I'm a happy girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... which paper you at now and which one you going to?