Monday, July 30, 2007

Back On Track

My big plans to use last week to get myself and my house organized? Pftz. I chose instead to spend my newly free evenings to read blogs. I love reading blogs! I love catching a glimpse into the lives of others, and all the possibilities to make new friends.

This week, I'm back on track. I finally got my kitchen cleaned last night, after arriving home from a weekend away to discover an army of ants had attacked our trash can. (But really, who could blame them, what with the leftover birthday cake and dreaded orange popsicle juice lining the bottom. Argh.) And I'm considering an illicit love affair with Mr. Clean, as his Magic Erasers are like lovesilk in my hands. Seriously. There were so many smudges, scratches and smears on my cream walls you'd have thought we had weekly pudding wrestling matches. But now? They're goonnneee, thanks to the fabulous Mr. Clean. I walked in the front door today at lunch and almost sank to my knees and sobbed in clean-entry joy.

Steve has to work a bit later this evening, so I'm going to take advantage of the alone time and (no, not that!) do some more organizing and cleaning. I've been kind of stressed and bummed out lately (as if you couldn't tell), and I find that these types of activities tend to calm me down and make me feel better. Maybe it's the sense of accomplishment they provide. Maybe I'm just OCD. Whatever the case, I'm a happy girl when my environment is clean and put-together.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, as Steve and I will be heading up to Ohio again (different city, thank God) to attend my family reunion. It's my mom's side of the fam, and they're all really fun, great people. We don't live that far away, but it's been a really long time since I've seen any of them. Then, next weekend, we're heading back to Elkins to attend the first birthday party of my good friend Erin's daughter, Emma. I'm excited about that, too, as I've only seen Emma once in her short little life. :( I have received tons of pictures, though, and she is one heck of a cutie pie.

Must run. There is work to be done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanna come clean my house? I have some of those Mr Clean Magic Erasers too... currently collecting dust under my kitchen sink. Do they work on cat hair? Can't wait to see ya next weekend... have a fun reunion!